- Gentleman Golfers: Golf slacks and collared or mock neck golf shirts. Golf shorts are acceptable but must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Items not permitted are jeans, denim attire of any kind, or gym shorts.
- Lady Golfers: Golf skirts, dresses, slacks, culottes or golf shorts are acceptable, but must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Shirts must have sleeves if it does not have a collar. Jeans and denim attire of any kind, tennis or gym shorts are not permitted.
- Soft-spiked golf shoes or soft-soled golf shoes are mandatory at Forest Dunes.
- The clubhouse and restaurant feature a casual atmosphere.
- Each player is required to have his/her own set of golf clubs.
- The speed of your round is monitored by the first tee host and player service staff. Forest Dunes should not take longer than 4 hours 30 minutes to play 18 holes. A player assistant will caution all groups that fall out of position a maximum of two times. A third violation will result in the group being required to stop play and move to a position on the course determined by the player assistant or expulsion of play.
- Guests assume responsibility for any damage to a Golf Cart that may occur while in their possession. A valid driver’s license is required to rent and operate a Golf Cart.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Forest Dunes buildings, including the clubhouse, Lake AuSable Lodge, cottages, villas and other service buildings. This policy includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes, vaping, marijuana and all oral tobaccos.
Alcoholic Beverage Service
- Guests may not bring their own alcohol onto the Forest Dunes courses, clubhouse or patio. A guest who violates this policy will be subject to removal from the property and/or have the cooler and the contents confiscated and returned to them upon departure from the club.
Golf Rain Checks
- When a round of golf is interrupted due to weather conditions, the guest may receive a rain check. The guests may not receive any sort of cash or credit card refund for this round of golf. Rain checks will be issued according to the number of completed holes as determined by the golf shop staff.
- A credit card number is required to hold your tee time, but your card will not be charged at that time. Our tee time cancellation policy requires 48 hours advance notice to cancel your golf round. In the event of a no call/no show, the card on file will be charged for 100 percent of the greens fees for the group.
- A deposit is required for all of our Stay & Play packages. The deposit is fully refundable if cancelled at least 30 days in advance. If the stay is cancelled 15 to 29 days in advance, the deposit is kept by Forest Dunes and may be applied toward a future stay. Once guests are within a 14-day window of their arrival they are responsible for the full package amount.
- Groups of 24 or more golfers who are not staying on property may be required to sign a group golf contract.
- For parties of eight or more guests, a gratuity of 20 percent will be automatically added to your bill for your convenience.
- A guarantee of attendance is required fourteen (14) days prior to all special dining functions. Your guarantee may not be decreased after this time. If fewer than the final guaranteed number of guests attends the function, you are still charged for that final guaranteed number or the actual attendance, whichever is greater.
- Pets are prohibited in all Forest Dunes lodging accommodations and the clubhouse.