Our annual spring job fairs for seasonal employees will be held on March 14 and March 18, 2020. More details will be posted soon. You may download and application below and submit it in now if you would like.
We are currently hiring for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Please see details at the bottom of this page.
Forest Dunes Golf Club is always looking for honest, hard-working, and friendly team members for full-time and part-time seasonal positions. We offer the following positions in these departments:
Golf Operations: Pro Shop Attendants, Player Service Attendants, Rangers, Starters
Golf Course Maintenance: Greenskeepers, Equipment Operators
Food & Beverage: Line Cook 1, Line Cook 2, Line Cook 3, Dishwashers, Servers, Bartenders
Lodging: Front Desk Receptionists, Housekeeping, Building Maintenance, Security
*Most positions require employees to be at least 16 years of age
Please print off the Forest Dunes Job Application, complete it, and call us to schedule an interview with the appropriate department manager.
This public resort features two 18 hole championship golf courses, a newly seeded 10 hole par 3, and a world class practice facility which also includes a 1.4 acre putting course. The golf courses are consistently in the top 10 within the state of Michigan and highly ranked nationally by most publications. The property encompasses 1340 acres surrounded by the Huron National Forest and state land.
The assistant golf course superintendent works closely with the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent\'s supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, roughs, bunkers and cart paths; and does related work as required.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course and grounds; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; operates and calibrates plant protectant application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Assist in day to day maintenance of golf course as needed/where needed.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment as needed and participates in winter repair.
- Assists in and supervises bunker renovation projects and other projects throughout the season.
- Leadership, organization skills, attention to detail a must and self starter.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course bunkers, tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; proper use of various fertilizers and plant protectants; knowledge of toro irrigation systems are a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver\'s license.
- Current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator within first 60 days of employment
- Professional association dues (local/ national)
- Local meetings and conference attendance
- Golf privileges
- Meal stipend available.